The GLMMF College Scholarship Fund provides male African American high school seniors with assistance in pursuing higher education. Each year, the Foundation awards at least one college scholarship to a graduating senior at a school of need.
All applicants must be residents of Chicago or the surrounding area.
- US Citizenship – Chicagoland area
- African American Male
- Current High School Senior
- Admitted to and attending a full-time undergraduate course of study at an accredited 2 or 4 year college or university in the fall
- Attendance at Scholarship Presentation Gala (June)
- Community or Civic Involvement
- Personal Statements (typewritten)
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation (one personal and one professional)*
- Interview with Scholarship Committee (you are required to appear before the committee for an interview) (May).
*Letters of Recommendation must include:
· Relationship to Applicant
· Number of years known
- Award amount: $1,000 for first year of college
- Scholarship payable to institution (funds will be sent to the College at the end of August)
Upon completion of the interview process and the submittal of all required documents the applicant will be notified by mail and/or telephone call notifying them of their acceptance.
- Application period: November 1st – April 15th
- All applications are to be postmarked no later than April 15th (no exceptions)
Click here to apply