FOR AUTOMOTIVE RELATED MAJORS:
From The Buick Achievers Scholarship Program:
College bound. Community-minded. If
those words describe a student you know,
we can help. We want to reward
those driven to make a difference...in their
schools and in their communities. We
believe in them. We believe they are
tomorrow's leaders, so they may qualify for
up to $25,000/year to fulfill their college
EligibilityApplicants to the Buick Achievers Scholarship Program must:
- Be high school seniors or high school graduates who are first-time college students in the fall of 2011
- Plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited four-year college or university for the entire 2011-12 academic year
- Plan to major in a course of study that focuses on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math). Select Design, Marketing, Accounting, Finance and Business majors are also eligible. See the list of eligible majors. Scholarship recipients will demonstrate an interest in pursuing a career in the automotive or related industries using these areas of study.
- Be U.S. citizens and have permanent residence in the United States
Award CriteriaScholarship recipients are selected based on the following factors:
- Academic achievement,
- Financial need,
- Participation and leadership in community and school activities, work experience, educational and career goals, and unusual circumstances, and
- Please note special consideration will be given to the following applicants: first-generation college, female, minority, military veteran or a dependent of military personnel.
Selection of recipients is made by Scholarship Management Services. All scholarship recipients may be subject to a criminal background check. Recipients of a Buick Achievers Scholarship shall not commit any act that indicates dishonesty or moral turpitude or that otherwise could materially injure the General Motors Foundation, Buick or General Motors Company's reputation. If such an act is committed by a Buick Achievers Scholarship Program recipient, the Buick Achievers Scholarship award shall immediately be revoked. In no instance will any Director or Officer of the General Motors Foundation or any employee of General Motors play a part in the selection. All applicants agree to accept the decision as final.
Award AmountsRecipients will be awarded one scholarship at either of the two award levels:
- 1,000 Buick Achievers Scholarships of $2,000, available for four years and one additional year for those entering a five-year engineering program.
- 100 Buick Achievers National Scholarships of up to $25,000 per year, available for four years, and one additional year for those entering a five-year engineering program. The scholarships can be used toward the total cost of tuition, fees, books, supplies, required equipment, room and board and other allowable expenses, less other gift aid known at the time of application (scholarships, grants and other awards that do not have to be paid back).
Awards are for undergraduate study only.
The application is due March 31. Click here for more information and to apply.