College Prep Scholarship
The College Prep Scholarship equips students with the knowledge necessary to compete for admission to top colleges and benefit from these colleges' generous financial aid. The program provides more than 1,000 awards to outstanding low-income high school juniors.
- Awards include full scholarships to summer programs at leading colleges, individualized college admissions counseling, invitations to QuestBridge College Admissions Conferences at Stanford and Yale, and all-expense-paid visits to top college campuses.
- QuestBridge offers Quest for Excellence Awards as part of the College Prep Scholarship. These awards include laptop computers and full scholarships to college summer programs.
- The 2011 College Prep Scholarship application is now open.
QuestBridge seeks students whose academic achievement demonstrates that they have the potential to be strong applicants to highly selective colleges.
Some of the factors we use to assess academic ability include:
- Grade Point Average (GPA): Both unweighted and weighted GPAs are considered.
- Class rank: The majority of awardees are in the top 5 to 10% of their class.
- Rigor of high school curriculum: Awardees typically take the most challenging courses available at their high school.
- Standardized test scores: We consider PSAT, PLAN, SAT Reasoning, and ACT scores, as well as any SAT Subject Test and/or AP test results.
- Essays: Most awardees' essays show evidence of intellectual spark, determination, and altruism in addition to strong writing ability.
- Teacher Recommendation: The Teacher Recommendation tells us how a student interacts in the classroom and compares to other students at his or her school.
Click here to apply!
- You must be planning to apply to college in the fall of 2011 to be eligible for the College Prep Scholarship. Applicants are typically current high school juniors.
- US citizens, Permanent Residents, and international students residing in the United States are eligible to apply for the College Prep Scholarship.
- Standardized test scores are not required, but are given significant weight in the selection process. QuestBridge strongly encourages students to submit any PSAT, PLAN, SAT Reasoning, ACT, AP, or SAT Subject Test scores they may have received.