To apply for the Horatio Alger Scholarship Programs, the following items must be completed by: October 30, 2011:
- Online application.
- Letter of support. Applicants must be logged in to the application process to access this. Faxes/emails will not be accepted.
- You must submit a High School transcript. Applicants have the option to either upload the transcript through the application (available under Paperwork Status/Transcript Upload after you log into your application) or send it via mail. Faxes/emails will not be accepted.
- Online Certifications Form. Must be completed by applicant's high school.
- Copy of the front page of your parent/guardian's 2010 individual federal tax return, if they were required to complete.
To qualify, applicants must:
- be enrolled full time as a high school senior in Illinois, progressing normally toward graduation, and planning to enter college no later than the fall following graduation;
- have a strong commitment to pursue and complete a bachelor's degree at an accredited institution located in the United States (students may start their studies at a two-year institution and then transfer to a four-year institution);
- critical financial need ($50,000 or less adjusted gross income per family is preferred; if higher, an explanation must be provided);
- involvement in co-curricular and community activities;
- demonstrate academic achievement (minimum grade point average of 2.0);
- be a resident of Illinois; and
- be a citizen of the United States
Click here to apply!
Twenty $5,000 Scholarships will be awarded through the generosity of the Brinson Foundation and Association Member Doris K. Christopher.