Each student is paid an hourly rate of $8.25 for 20 hours of work per week. In addition, each student receives a weekly stipend of $40 for the completion of classroom hours. Summer interns receive no paid sick leave or vacation. Standard U.S. taxes will be withheld, as is customary with all Fermilab employees. Each TARGET intern is required to provide evidence of their identity and eligibility to work in the U.S.
- A 3.0/4.0 grade point average or above.
- Strong interest and demonstrated aptitude for mathematics and the sciences, physics
- Completed algebra in the ninth grade and be in the process of taking geometry in the tenth grade.
- Advanced information technology knowledge and computer programming skills (encouraged)
- Evaluations from BOTH their current math and science teachers.
Applications currently open; students must apply by April 4, 2011.
Click here to apply.