Colgate-Palmolive Company proudly announces the return of its scholarship program “Haz la U” or “Make the U”. This program, launched in partnership with the Hispanic Scholarship Fund (HSF), aims to award educational grants to eligible Hispanic students pursuing higher education.
High School seniors are encouraged to apply for the opportunity to win a $15,000 educational grant, or one of ten $2,500 additional grants.
- Be of Hispanic heritage.
- Be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident of the United States with a valid Social Security Number at the time of application. All legal permanent residents must submit a copy of their valid permanent resident card or passport stamped I-551 (not expired).
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Be pursuing or plan to pursue your first undergraduate degree
- Have plans to enroll full-time in a degree seeking program at a two or four year U.S. accredited institution in the U.S., Puerto Rico, U. S. Virgin Islands, or Guam during the 2012-2013 academic year
- To apply, applicants must currently be a high school senior, entering a two year or four year college during the 2012- 2013 school year.
- Must apply for federal financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
1. How has your Hispanic heritage influenced your academic and personal long term goals?2How do you contribute to your community? What have you learned from your experience?3Describe a recent academic challenge you have faced, and how you have overcome it.
Applications must be submitted online between September 1st and December 31st, 2011.
Click here to apply. http://www.hsf.net/innercontent.aspx?id=3448