- Be of Hispanic heritage
- Be a U.S. Citizen or a legal permanent resident with permanent resident card or passport stamped I-551 (not expired)
- Be a graduating high school senior with plans to enroll full-time in a degree-seeking program at a four-year accredited U.S. institution in the U.S., Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands or Guam during the2011-2012 academic year.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale
- Must permanently reside in one of the following metropolitan locations: Baltimore, Boston, Chicago, Detroit, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis, New York, Philadelphia, Portland, Sacramento, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, or Washington, D.C.
- Willing to participate in a one-year retention program during the 2011-2012 academic year.
- Must apply for federal financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Awards are in the amount of $2,500.
Click here for more information.