Applicant Eligibility Requirements
- Open to high school seniors who are U.S. citizens or legal residents.
- Scholarship payable to the winner’s college/university or certified trade school in the United States; student must enroll in semester beginning no later than fall 2012.
- Winners not based on financial need
- Relatives of AFSA staff or board members may not enter.
- Home-schooled students may apply as long as your course of study is equivalent to that of a senior in high school.
Applications will only be accepted online through the AFSA scholarship web site (www.afsascholarship.org). Student must provide all information requested to be able to submit his/her entry.
Step 1: Read all contest information at http://www.afsascholarship.org/hsinformation.html
Step 2: Read the "Fire Sprinkler Essay" You may print the essay for reference if you choose.
Step 3: Click on “Take Test Now” button and fill out the student information section.
The number of questions answered correctly equals the number of times your name will be entered into the scholarship drawing.
April 5, 2012