2. Short Essay: In 500 words or less, please answer the following questions:
What have you done to exemplify leadership and how have you contributed to improving the Latino community? How do you plan to use this scholarship to reach your educational and personal goals?
3. Letter of Recommendation (minimum 1) The letter should highlight your academic and/or community achievements as well as your financial need for this scholarship.
4. Academic Record: Applicants authorize the release of their academic record by completing and signing this
application. The Hilda López-Arce Scholarship Selection Committee will access an unofficial transcript for evaluation of this application.
- Must be UIC undergraduate Latino(a) student enrolled in the Spring 2012 semester.
- Must be in good academic standing (GPA min 2.75) with a minimum of 12 credit hours earned.
- Must demonstrate financial need.
- Must demonstrate active involvement in the Latino community on or off the UIC campus.
- Residency requirements: The applicant’s residency status will not be evaluated in the application.
Please submit your completed application materials by Friday, April 13, 2012
Click here to download the application!